WILD BIRD'S NEST (Black spaghetti with tomato sauce)
- 400 g of squid ink spaghetti
- 3 garlic cloves
- Tomato sauce
- Quail eggs
For the tomato sauce:
- 400 g fresh tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- Cook the eggs in salted water, shell, and reserve.
- Blanch the tomatoes, remove the skin and seeds.
- Dice the tomato, this helps it to cook more quickly.
- To make the sauce, first sauté the onion and two cloves of garlic, finely chopped, in a small amount of oil.
- When well sautéed, add the diced tomato and leave to cook for a while. We want a thick sauce, so we need to wait for any liquid to evaporate.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and sugar to balance out the acidity.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water. Cook for one minute less than the recommended time, as we are going to sauté the spaghetti afterwards.
- Immediately before serving, sauté the spaghetti with the butter and chopped garlic. If you like it spicy, add a little bit of chilli.
- Put on plates as shown in the photo for that "Halloween touch".