From a small island in Micronesia called Nauru, we bring you this fresh and summery dessert made with the main product of the Pacific Islands: coconut. Coconut mousse is a delicious and refreshing dessert, as well as quick and easy to prepare.
Replace the long, drawn-out process of baking with a tropical dessert that is fun and simple. Be transported to a Polynesian beach as you savour the irresistible flavour of the coconut of its palm trees!
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 375 ml coconut-flavoured yoghurt
- 60 g grated coconut
- 6 g gelatine leaves
- 30 g sugar
- 1 egg white
To decorate: raw coconut slices and fresh pineapple pieces.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in very cold water, if the water is not cold enough the gelatine will dissolve.
- Heat the coconut milk without boiling. When it is hot, add the gelatine leaves (well drained) and leave to cool.
- In a wide bowl, mix the yoghurt, grated coconut, and sugar until smooth. When cool, gradually add the coconut milk with the gelatine.
- Whisk the egg white until it forms peaks and then gradually add to the other ingredients in the bowl.
- Divide the mixture into serving dishes or leave to rest in one single container and serve in scoops. For best results, leave for 12 hours before serving to give the mixture time to set.
- To serve, garnish with strips of coconut and pineapple pieces.