- 1 L orange juice
- 4 leaves of gelatine
- Sugar or sweetener
- 100 g of speculoos biscuit
- 4 langues de chat, ladyfingers, or sponge fingers
- Chocolate for the inscription
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water. If you prefer a thicker consistency, use 2 more leaves, depending on your taste.
- Squeeze the oranges and sieve the juice to remove bits.
- Warm up a small amount of the orange juice and add the sugar (if you are using sweetener instead of sugar, don't add just yet). It's very important not to let the juice reach boiling point.
- Remove from the heat and add the well-drain gelatine leaves.
- Stir well to dissolve the gelatine. If you prefer sweetener instead of sugar, add the sweetener at this point.
- Add this mixture to the rest of the juice and pour into the serving dishes.
- Leave to chill in the fridge.
- To make the headstone, melt some chocolate and add the inscription to your chosen biscuit. We prefer to use langues de chat.
- Assemble the dessert as shown in the photo. Crumble the speculoos over the jelly and then add the other biscuit.
And we have a healthy Halloween-themed dessert!