Do you know SésamoAventura's number one sweet treat? Thanks to our beloved Cookie Monster, chocolate chip cookies are considered the most precious treasure of Sesame Street®.
Don't worry! We have the solution: nothing less than the recipe so that you can bake the same chocolate chip cookies that we make in SésamoAventura.
Recipe for the famous chocolate chip cookies
- 260 g flour
- 250 g dark chocolate chips
- 220 g brown sugar
- 100 g white sugar
- 170 g unsalted butter
- 5 g bicarbonate of soda
- 5 g vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Table salt
For this recipe, we will use, if possible, an electric mixer, as it will be easier for us to mix the ingredients and, at the same time, the dough will have a more uniform consistency. If you don't have an electric mixer, we can do it by hand with the help of a whisk and a spatula.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and both types of sugar. If we leave the butter out of the fridge for a while beforehand it will be much easier for us to make this first mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract, egg and egg yolk and mix well.
- Combine and sieve the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda and then gradually add this to the first bowl, continuing to beat the mixture. It is important that the dough has a uniform consistency.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips. Use a spatula or spoon to mix them into the dough.
- Leave the dough to rest for around 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Once the dough is chilled, use it to make small balls. Use a teaspoon to slightly flatten out each ball.
- It is important to leave a space between each cookie so that they do not stick to each other on the baking tray (it is also better to line the tray with baking paper first).
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Leave the cookies to bake for around 15 minutes, keeping an eye on them from time to time as baking times may vary according to oven type, cookie size, etc. Keep in mind that a minute or two makes the difference between a dry chocolate chip cookie and a delicious, fluffy one.
- The cookies will be ready when they