Nachos with guacamole is a popular snack to share with friends or even a tasty side dish. The ideal accompaniment to Mexican tacos or fajitas.
With our recipe, you have the option to use corn tortillas to make 100% natural nachos with guacamole.
Prepare all the ingredients and enjoy these incredible nachos with guacamole!
- 2 avocados
- 1 tomato
- ½ white onion
- Juice of one lime
- A few slices of jalapeño peppers
- Fresh coriander
- Salt, black pepper and olive oil
- Corn tortillas to fry or shop-bought tortilla chips
- Peel and chop the avocados, which must be very ripe, and put them in a bowl with the juice of one lime, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Keep in the fridge whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Blanch the whole tomato for 10 seconds, peel it and remove the seeds. In this way, we cut only the fleshy part of the tomato. Finely chop the onion, coriander, and tomato. Keep these ingredients separate and put to one side.
- Use a fork to mash the chopped avocado and add the onion, tomato, and coriander to taste. Add the coriander a small amount at a time as we don't want it to overpower the taste of our guacamole.
- If you want to make it a little spicy, add the chopped jalapeño peppers at this point. However we recommend serving them at the side of the guacamole, so each diner chooses whether or not to add them.
- Dress with a little olive oil, mix well, season with salt and pepper, and our homemade guacamole is ready.
If you are making your own nachos, cut the corn tortillas into triangles and fry them in hot oil. Otherwise, serve with shop-bought tortilla chips.
A handy trick: add a couple of tablespoons of Mexican salsa to the finished guacamole for more tomato and an extra-special taste. Try it, both options are sure to be a hit!