When cooking a traditional Mexican feast, you simply can't miss delicious steak fajitas. This version features a special touch in the Pancho Villa steak - a splash of tequila!
Don't wait any longer! The following recipe for four people contains all the information you need to make it at home, together with some nachos. The perfect menu for your guests!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 10 g flour
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion (red, if possible)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 150 g steak (rump, if possible)
- 100 g fresh mushrooms
- 50 g butter
- 40 ml olive oil
- 150 g tomate frito (or passata if unavailable)
- 20 ml tequila
- Mole sauce
- 250 ml stock (preferably beef)
- 12 corn or wheat tortillas
- Cut the steak into approximately 1cm wide strips, season and add the mole sauce. If the mole sauce is very thick, thin with a small amount of stock. Leave to marinade in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Cut the peppers and onion into strips. Thinly slice the garlic and mushrooms.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and reserve for later use.
- Toss the steak in a small amount of flour, sauté on a high heat and reserve.
- In the same pan, fry the onion and the garlic in the butter. When it starts to brown, add the mushrooms and peppers and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the previously sautéed steak together with the tequila and leave until the alcohol has cooked off. Add the tomato and cook for another three minutes. Finally, depending on how thick it is, dilute with the beef stock and add salt to taste. It is important to remember that it does not have to be too liquid, as we are going to eat it with the tortillas.
- Serve the steak with the vegetables accompanied by corn or wheat tortillas heated on a griddle or clean frying pan, so we can enjoy some delicious Pancho Villa steak fajitas.